Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I am amassing an army.

I've been really concerned that, with all the problems of the world, with all the lies our government has handed us and with all the rights they have sought to take from us, still no one is protesting. No one is doing anything. Some may grumble, but that's all. And I am one person. Can you imagine what would happen to one person trying to have a sit-in at the White House? Nope. No one seems to care. Or maybe they are too lazy. We are Generation X, after all.

So I am amassing an army of 18 year olds. You see, last night one of our 18 year old friends came over and was talking about voting in his first election. Unfortunately, he doesn't know much about politics, the issues, the candidates, etc. He had a lot of questions and I had answers. The more I told him about our insidious current government, the angrier he became. He couldn't believe no one was doing anything. (We also discussed Vietnam and the activism of that time.)

That's when I realized I needed an army of 18 year olds. Anytime I talk to kids from 18 to 20, they want to do something, but they don't know how to go about it. They need someone older to lead the way.

So I am amassing an army of 18 year olds.

Apply within.

No comments: