Saturday, August 11, 2007

Suggested Reading

"The Flying Virgin had fingernails painted bright pink with white tips. A French manicure, some witnesses call it. The Flying Virgin used a can of Bug-Off brand insect fogger, and across the blue New Mexican sky, she wrote:STOP HAVING BABYS."
[http://oprprinceton.edu/popclock/]

This quote is from my favorite Chuck Palahniuk book, Lullaby. I know most hardcore fans will tell you that Invisible Monsters is his best (it is, actually, a very close second for me) and a cult has risen from Fight Club. But Lullaby, Man, now that one talked to me. It cemented Mr. Palahniuk as one of my 3 all time favorite authors.

Not everyone will enjoy the books of Chuck Palahniuk. But for a certain "demographic"---and you know who you are---his words have become almost like a religion. I don't feel that I am exaggerating when I say that the man is a genius and that one day his collected works will be taught to literature majors in every college.

Try him on for size. http://www.chuckpalahniuk.com/

No comments: