Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Second Ammendment

I believe in the Second Ammendment. I own guns. I love my guns. But I don't understand the controversy guns cause.

The real problem is that people don't seem to see the 2nd Ammendment for what it is. It is not really about your right to own guns, it is about your right to protect yourself. Our forefathers wrote this in the midst of a revolution and its aftermath. People lived on the frontier, in the wilderness. There were wild animals and those pesky Native Americans. People should have the right to protect themselves.

The issue gets cloudy because some people don't use guns for protection. If you use a gun to harm someone, you have forefeited your rights. I think that's only fair. You couldn't be responsible, so now you have to go into timeout.

And why can't you wait a couple of days to get your firearm? I'm sure if you are in that much danger, someone will be willing to protect you until your background check is done. If you haven't already used a gun innappropriately, you have nothing to worry about, do you? Just chill.

Also, do we really want crazy people to have guns? If someone is talking to God and God tells them to kill...well, you see the problem.

The point I'm trying to get across is, the NRA is a bunch of loonies who just won't bend or compromise. That goes double for those damn hippies. As with everything, there is no black or white.

Common sense. Get some.

No comments: