Saturday, July 7, 2007

Bought my soul at Goodwill for a dollar ninety-eight.
Spread it on the ground for a picnic;
Knocked over a bottle of wine.
Stuffed it in the washer; stuffed it in the dryer.
It shrank two sizes.
What the hell, I wore it anyway.
Dude burnt a hole in it with a cigarette.
Threw it in the trunk and forgot about it.
Found it later, wrinkled and dirty.
Got it stuck in the door and it tore.
Stained, shrunk, burnt, wrinkled, dirty, torn.
Looks like it's time to buy a new soul.

I don't know about you, but my soul's not disposable. I've tried to live my life by looking at the larger picture. It's been lonely. What I 'd like is a community of people who can see there are problems and want to fix them. I need people who don't think they are the center of the universe.
Let this be a forum for politics, the enviroment, education---indeed for all those things we've broken and need to repair if we are to have a future.
I don't know where we're going to start, but the suspense is killing me!

No comments: